Welcome to our blog!
I have decided to start up a quick and informal way to communicate with those of you who visit our website. I’ll be telling you about some of the things we do around here and the events that are hosted. I’ll share important facts about the area with you and write about those things that fascinate me. People we work with will also offer their contributions to this blog: winemakers, dairy farmers, people who produce cured meats, traditional local bakers, naturalistic excursion guides, “tartufau” (truffle hunters) etc….
We all love our region and are passionate about our jobs. We want to share our interests with you and if you come for a visit, we will make sure your holiday will be filled with unique and unforgettable experiences. So, please remember to let us know about everything you would like to do while you are here so we can guarantee that your expectations can be met…There is so much to see and do here and it’s not always easy for me to suggest places to visit or things to do without invading your privacy to some extent.
Quality Certification, helpfulness, courtesy and respect for your privacy and all the support you’ll need to make your dreams come true or …to solve any problems that could come up.
Documentation and maps for tourists.
Organization of wine-related events:
– tours of the areas where wines such as Barbaresco, Barolo, Arneis and Barbera d’Asti are made. Winemakers guide the tours and sample sessions while doing their best to convey their pride and passion;
– how to recognize and experiment with local wines – pairing foods and wines. (Winemakers participate in these events).
Organization of food-related events:
– information about and reservations at local restaurants ranging from family-run businesses to Michelin-starred restaurants…
– tours and sample sessions held at areas where cheese and cured meats are produced,
– tours and sample sessions held at small bakeries where traditional local sweets are made,
– outdoor markets featuring goods by local manufacturers and specialised stores,
– a day of typical seasonal cuisine – from breakfast to the “merenda sinoira” afternoon snack (the local tradition is to have a snack around 5:00 p.m.) that is gradually transformed into supper by virtue of the food served and the hour. The menu is to be chosen with guests and served with the appropriate wines.
Organization of excursions:
– discovering the area from a naturalistic point of view in the company of an expert guide. Duration of the tours ranges from two hours to the whole day. To be decided prior to the excursion. Particular focus upon the local flora and sensory experiences:
– tour of the castles in the Langhe-Roero region,
– tour of medieval villages nestled in the hilltops,
– Torino, Asti, Bra, Pollenzo – old town centres and museums,
– Venaria Royal Summer Castle and the Pralorrmo Castle.
Go to the page where people share their experiences and read what our guests have to say, especially Craig, Jenny, Gail and Jill
Please feel free to ask any questions. Tell us about your experience, exchange your impressions and share information.