Where we are
Enchanting days in the “le Langhe” region of Piedmont!
The municipal district of Trezzo Tinella covers an area of 10 Km², stretched out among hills and small valleys. It has about 350 inhabitants, mainly settled in farms and villages scattered amidst vineyards and hazelnut groves, whose cultivation is the basis of the local economy.
Devotion to the land is joined by the preservation of traditions and basic values of the original culture of the Langhe. In particular the tradition of:
- the procession of Corpus Domini, that takes place between two rows of antique linen, embroidered by great-great-grandmothers, and ends with a snack-sinoira prepared by the village women;
- the Christmas crib, made with small stone houses and a reconstruction of the historic centre also in stone;
- the village fairs that take place outdoors in the summer, which always join spirituality and gastronomy;
- the benevolent “masche”, a true curiosity!
The town of Alba with its medieval towers, old arcades, and museums, is about 10 Km away. Regarded as the “capital of the Langhe”, the town hosts very famous events, such as:
- Vinum – a presentation and tasting of the wines of the area, and of the most typical local products (Spring);
- Market-exhibition of the white truffle of the Langhe and the Roero, accompanied by a sequence of events both cultural and enogastronomical, that comes to an end in the Castle of Grinzane Cavour with the charitable Auction of the giant truffle, to which the most famous restaurateurs take part (Autumn).
A walk or a drive of about 3 km will bring you to the farms described by Beppe Fenoglio in his books (Il partigiano Johnny, La malora) and, on the other side of the hill, to the birthplace of Cesare Pavese -Santo Stefano Belbo- where you will be able to visit his birth place and the “Centre of Studies”.
The most precious wines of Piemonte, known by all wine lovers, are produced in this area; the local products and the cuisine are in themselves well worth a visit. Detailed information on the area and the events can be found on the website www.langheroero.it.